Mold Illness Treatment Week 5 and 6- Going Home!

Last weekend I didn't write a week 5 update. We were supposed to see my doctor on Monday and I was going to post a blog after that but he called in sick. My appointment got rescheduled for today (Thursday) so I am doing a combo of weeks 5 and 6.

We have had amazing improvement over the past two weeks! Patients and nurses keep running up to me saying, "You're walking! You look like a different person! You're glowing!"

My doctor told me today that he knew it was going to be a good appointment. He said, "Patients keep running up to me and said, 'Have you seen Megan?! She's walking!'"

Last Friday I had my second apheresis treatment. I have been amazed by how much these help me. Apheresis pulls the cholesterol out and because toxins store in fat, it removes a lot of the toxins. In my case, a lot of these were mold toxins. This is a picture of what they pulled out of my body last Friday.

We started my appointment today by reviewing my labs. There were certain numbers my doctor wanted to look at before he was ok with releasing me.

1. Viruses- Some of my virus numbers before we started treatment were really high. Dr. Poteet wanted to see that these numbers started dropping. A couple of them had dropped by half. This is a really good sign that my immune system is doing its job.

2. CD8- The doctor explained that these suppressor cell numbers were high, indicating that my immune system was suppressed. They are now normal.

3. Candida- I had candida antibodies before. They are not in my bloodstream, which is good. I still have antibodies. They haven't gone up which he was very excited about. He was happy to see that my compliment C4 has gone way up. This gets very elevated with fungal infections. He said this indicates that we are killing candida.

4. Inflammatory markers are going down. He also wanted to make sure that there was no indication of anything bacterial in the blood. There isn't.

He said that we've been in the kill and detox mode. In the next couple of months we will be working on moving towards the heal mode.

Dr. Poteet also went over my neurotransmitters. He said they look great. In his words, 

"This wasn't brain chemistry going on. This was purely environmental."

In other words-


So where do we go from here? Tomorrow (Friday) is my last day. I got my permacath out today (can I get a Hallelujah?!)

After this I will be considered in Envita Home Care for a year. My doctor will still be over my care. He will talk to my doctors back home and explain the plan going forward and those doctors will help me through the next steps.

Honestly, things are looking really, really good. Steve says he hasn't seen me like this in almost 20 years. 

I do not think that I can ever thank you all for you prayers, support and encouragement through this journey, but I would like to try.
I believe I am one of the most blessed women in the world. I have been amazed by friends from elementary, middle and high school who have supported us. Church friends, new and old, have come to clean our home, take our kids out to play and pray over us.
My parents and sister have worked tirelessly to help get us here.

From the bottom of our hearts, thank you. I plan on continuing to write.
I hope to share our journey with you going forward.
I hope to go into herbalism.

But because of God, and because of you, I get to live.
We are forever grateful.

To see my speech and ringing the bell to finish treatment at Envita Medical, click here.

Share your thoughts :