My Mold Story- Part 2

If you missed the first part of my mold story, you can read it here.

We had hired Assured Bio Labs to come and look at our home. They found exactly what we were afraid of. Mold was everywhere. It was growing underneath our home. They found holes in our duct work and said that it had gotten in our HVAC system and was circulating throughout the house.

The mold levels in our home were TEN TIMES the levels of outside.

We were told to leave the home. We were told to leave our clothes. Leave our books. Leave everything.

We started looking for a place to live. All the while, I was getting sicker.
My body seemed to attack everything I ate. I started dropping weight.

In a period of about 6 weeks I went from 130 lbs to under 100. My husband thought I got under 90.

I had panic attacks like nothing I've ever experienced in my life. My skin turned grey. I was extremely weak. My legs would buckle and give out and my husband would have to catch me. 

I stopped sleeping. When I could sleep, I would jerk awake suddenly with my heart racing. 

My adrenals started throbbing in my back. I could actually feel them. I started having major blood sugar swings.

Regular doctors had no idea. My functional doctor did labs and found methylation issues. He felt that once we started treating those and doing detox, I would feel better.

That was not the case.

My doctor started suspecting thyroid issues and checked my TSH. It was at 10. We started treating it. It dropped down to .02.

Then it balanced.

I told my husband that I felt like I was dying.

I have been out of that environment for over 3 years. We have done detoxes, we have done neurological work, we have worked to support adrenals, balance blood sugar.
Nothing ever lasts. Often, I get worse.

This year, I started getting worse. By April, I was having bouts of paralysis.
By June I couldn't walk, couldn't handle light or sound and was having full body convulsions.
The hospital said it was a migraine and if it was anything else they wouldn't know how to find it or treat it.

We knew I had severe anxiety, depression and ptsd from what had happened. It was recommended that we start ketamine therapy to help with that. When my husband called the ketamine clinic and explained what was happening with me, they recommended that I come in to have a glutathione/myers infusion before I started ketamine.

He carried me in.
I was able to walk out with assistance.

I started ketamine therapy and started walking normally, was able to work through a LOT of the ptsd and the anxiety and depression dramatically improved.

I was sent to a holistic psychiatrist. She put me on some medication to balance me out but really felt like I was on the road to recovery. She felt it was short term.

I started biblical counseling and really working through my struggles.
Each week I improved.

I started having more energy and cleaning. I started one of my favorite things- gardening!

I was so excited! I felt like, after 3 long years, I was finally on the road to recovery. I started having some weakness in my legs but I didn't think too much about it. I had dealt with that so much over the past 3 years and I knew my body had been through major trauma.

"It's just part of the recovery." I told myself.

Then, a week or so later- paralysis set in.

This time it was bad. I almost made it to the couch but fell on the floor. I couldn't even use my arms to pull myself up. My daughter had to pick up my top half and my son had to pick up my bottom half to get me on the couch.

Then they had to call their dad home from work.

"Mom's paralyzed again."

We spoke to our medical team and decided to go ahead and do another ketamine infusion. We didn't have any illusions that this was going to fix what was wrong but we thought it might get me walking again until we figured out the next step.

We went the next day. By the time we got there I could barely lift my arms, my legs were worthless extensions hanging from my body, and I was starting to slur my words.

Before they started me on my infusion, they tried to get me to push or pull against their hands with my feet.
They tried to get me to squeeze their hands.

I could do none of it.

10-15 minutes into ketamine I could squeeze her hand a little.

It was a good sign.

By the next day I could kind of walk.

This is the day after my infusion.


I have not regained full ability. Sometimes I can walk normally, sometimes I walk like this. Sometimes I can't even lift my legs. I fall a lot.

We were praying. We knew that no one here was finding what was wrong. We were going to have to take some drastic next steps.

To read part three, click here.

Share your thoughts :

  1. Thank you for taking the time to post this blog. I am pleased with your work after reading this post. This is very useful for us. Keep sharing such blogs. Ketamine therapy training for therapists

  2. A very delightful article that you have shared here. Your blog is a valuable and engaging article for us, and also I will share it with my companions who need this info. Thankful to you for sharing an article like this.Ketamine treatment bakersfield ca